It is that time of year again, when Mary Berry and Paul Hollywood make the long awaited return to our television screens for The Great British Bake Off! To celebrate the return of Britain’s favourite baking show tonight, we have whipped up a delicious Passion fruit, Blueberry and Peach Pavlova. This will make the perfect Summer dessert on a warm evening or garden party. Our kitchen collections have all you need to prepare and present your showstopper to make it look and taste truly spectacular!
For ease you can buy ready made meringue nests or you can make your own.
- 6 large egg whites
- 300g caster sugar
- 1 rounded tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 3 peaches, stoned and sliced
- 1 passion fruit
- 125g blueberries
- maple syrup, for drizzling
For the filling
- 900mls of double cream
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to 140°C, fan 120°C, gas 1. Draw three 20cm circles on 3 pieces of baking paper and put onto 3 baking sheets; turn them so the circles are underneath.
- For the meringues, put the egg whites into a large clean bowl and whisk them to stiff peaks. Gradually add the sugar, whisking all the time. With the last addition of sugar, add the ground cinnamon and cornflour. You’ll end up with a glossy meringue mix.
- Pile a third of the meringue onto each paper, within the circle, then gently spread the meringue out. Bake the meringues for 1 hour, then turn the oven off and leave them to cool overnight with the oven door ajar.
- To make the cinnamon cream, whisk the 900ml of cream with the icing sugar and ground cinnamon. To assemble, put one of the meringues on a cake stand or plate, flat-side down. Top with a third of the cream; repeat with another meringue and more cream. Top with the third meringue and remaining cream.
- Pile the prepared peach slices and blueberries on top and pour over the passion fruit. Drizzle with maple syrup just before serving.
Recipe adapted from Sainsbury’s Magazine.
Find your nearest stockist
To find your nearest stockist please click here.