The perfect recipe for all this Pancake Day – an upgrade from the classic lemon and sugar…
Soft and fluffy Lemon Ricotta Pancakes made from scratch
prep 15 mins | cook 15 mins | total 30 mins
- 250g of plain flour
- 50g of granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons bicarbonate soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 350ml of whole milk
- 230g of full-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 60ml of fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoon lemon zest
- Maple syrup or fresh whipped cream, for serving
- Add the flour, sugar, bicarbonate soda, baking powder, and salt together in a large bowl or basin; whisk thoroughly to combine. In a separate bowl lightly beat and then whisk the eggs. Add the ricotta, milk and vanilla – beat until well mixed. Stir the wet mixture into the dry ingredients, mixing just until everything is combined. Quickly fold in the lemon juice and zest, stirring until evenly combined. Be careful – do not to over mix the batter.
- Pour the batter (around 80ml) into a buttered hot frying pan, adding only a few at a time so that they do not blend together. Cook for up to 3 minutes before flipping them over, or until small bubbles form on top. Cook on the other side until golden brown for about 1-2 minutes. Repeat with all pancake batter. Serve pancakes warm, with ice cream, syrup or whipped cream.
Get the look:
Shop our Zesty Lemon Range via here.
Happy Pancake Day!
Share your pancake recipes on social using the #GiselaGraham or tag us @gisela_graham.