We cannot believe it’s Pancake Day again. Honestly, it just crêped up on us… Our picture-perfect pancakes are sure to get you excited for breakfast, lunch and dinner! Shrove Tuesday for us is a signifier of the upcoming Easter period, a major occasion for us at Gisela Graham so we like to celebrate with pancakes. It’s somewhat of a competition to share our favourite recipes amongst the team and we must admit, they are getting batter & batter every year…
For this year though, we will leave you with these Instagram worthy pancakes topped with raspberries, pistachio, pomegranate, honey and figs!
INGREDIENTS – SERVES 4
- 250g all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 480ml buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- ½ teaspoons unsalted butter
To garnish (as much or as little as you like of each):
- Greek yoghurt
- Fresh figs
- Pomegranate seeds
- In a bowl, add the flour, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda, whisk to combine.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs, and melted butter until smooth.
- Add the buttermilk mixture to the dry ingredients, gently incorporating with a spatula. Make sure not to overmix, as that will result in dense pancakes.
- Add the butter to a pan over medium-low heat. Once the butter begins to bubble, add 80ml of batter to the pan.
- Cook until the top side begins to bubble and the bottom is golden brown. Flip the pancake and cook until underside is golden brown…
- Top the pancakes with the yoghurt, fresh figs, pomegranate seeds, pistachios, raspberries and serve with honey!
Tuck in and enjoy!
If you’ve tried this recipe or use any Gisela Graham products this pancake day, be sure to tag us so we can see them! @Gisela_Graham #GiselaGraham
We’ve even put together a special edit of the essential tableware you may (or may not) need for this very special day… (wholesale only) – Shop here.