THE PERFECT WINTER WARMER RECIPE
Greet your guests and fill the house with a strong Christmas aroma with this perfect winter warmer. The hot mulled cider captures the essence of Christmas, filled to the brim with warm spices, cloves, oranges, apple and vanilla. What’s more, it’s even better when served in our brand new mugs!
Serves 8 glasses (based on 250ml serving)
- 1.5 litres of good quality cider
- 400ml of apple juice
- juice and zest of 1 orange
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 tbsp of all spice
- 3-4 star anise
- 2 cloves
- 1 stick of cinnamon
- 2 apples – sliced into 5mm rounds
1. Pour the cider, apple juice and the juice of the orange into a large saucepan, and gently heat to mull.
- Add the orange zest, allspice, cinnamon stick, star anise, cloves and vanilla pod to the mixture & stir well. Bring to a simmer, then turn down and keep on a low heat for 20-30 mins. Or pour in to a slow cooker and keep on a low heat. Ladle into mugs as your guests arrive.
Want to keep the mulled cider warm all evening? Once prepared, leave on a low heat in the slow cooker and prepare a ‘help yourself’ mulled cider bar, complete with ladle, sugar lumps or honey, additional fruit and for the brave, why not let them add a dash of bourbon or brandy. This way guests can help themselves and customise their drink to their own tastes.
If you try any of our recipes or ideas, we’d love to hear from you! Be sure to tag us @GiselaGraham or #GiselaGraham.