Spread some love this February 14th with some Valentine’s Day Baking Gifts. Here at Gisela Graham we have been busy baking and have the perfect hand-baked solution for those unsure what to give their loved ones this Valentine’s Day. Give them a tasty treat with this delicious recipe for Raspberry Tarts. To make the gift extra special why not wrap them in cellophane and finish off with some heart detailed ribbon, the perfect way to say I love you.
For the pastry:
– 165g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
– 25g ground almonds
– 120g chilled unsalted butter, cubed
– 55g caster sugar
– 1 medium egg
For the Tarts:
– 25g softened butter
– 25g caster sugar
– 1 medium egg, beaten40g ground almonds
– ¼ tsp French almond extract
– 100g seedless raspberry jam
1. To make the pastry, mix the flour and ground almonds together in a large bowl, then add the butter and rub in your fingertips until the mixture looks like crumbs. Stir in the sugar.
2. Break in the egg and work into the mixture with your fingers, breaking it together to form a soft dough.
3. Tip the dough onto a lightly floured work surface and shape it into a ball. Flatten with your fingers to a disc and wrap in cling film. Chill for a couple of hours.
4. Lightly dust a clean work surface with flour. Roll out the pastry until about 3mm thick. Using a 7.5cm fluted round cutter, (our cookie cutter set 32592 is perfect for this) stamp out 12 circles of pastry and use to line a 12-hole nonstick patty tin. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 180°C, fan 160°C, gas 4. Meanwhile, re-roll the remaining pastry off curs. Then stamp out 12 hearts with a 4cm heart cutter( why not use our set of heart cutters 34080). Put onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake in the oven for 5-8 minutes until golden.
6. To make the frangipane filling, beat together the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Then stir in 25g beaten egg, the ground almonds and almond extract until combined.
7. Divide the almond mixture equally between the pastry cases, smooth level with the back of a teaspoon, then bake in the oven for 15 minutes until lightly golden. Remove from the oven and, using the back of a teaspoon, press down the tops of the almond mixture to flatten slightly. Heat the jam in a small pan until melted and spoon a little over the top of each one to cover the top completely. Return to the oven for 5 minutes. Then remove and top each with a pastry heart. Leave to cool for 10 minutes, then enjoy warm or cold.
Find your nearest Gisela Graham stockist
To find your nearest Gisela Graham Stockist please click here.